Thursday, May 8, 2008

In Broad Daylight

I've been meaning to post the picture for quite awhile. Here's the story behind the photo: One Saturday afternoon in March my ward was having an Enrichment party at our Bishop's house. He lives up behind Hogle Zoo. Anyway, we were all hanging out and our Bishop's daughter started saying, "Hey, they broke the glass!" I thought that maybe she was saying that one of us girls had broken something in the house, but I was totally wrong. We all ran to the window to see a person run from the Subaru and jump onto the back of the motorcyle. Realization finally hit me and it clicked in my brain that the two people on the bike had broken in the a car parked along the street. A couple of girls ran outside to chase them down, while someone yelled for someone to take a picture. I had my cell phone in my hands and quickly took a picture before they drove away. The car belonged to a girl that was there for the party and her passenger side window was shattered and her purse, which is under her seat, had been stolen. I couldn't believe it! It was so creepy to watch the two thiefs drive off and I wondered how they could do something like that. So sad!!! I was able to give my photo to the police officer that came and hopefully one day those people will get caught!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How the heck did the know to look under the seat?!? That's creepy!

Telle said...

I like you...a lot.

Angie said...

they must have been scouting out the area for awhile. there were like 15 cars parked along that road.

Cori Henderson said...

Angie! I love your blog. That's a crazy thing to have happen in the middle of the day. I won't ever leave anything in my car again!

dvano said...

Angie...
loved your blog! especially picture of you family in your "tribute to mom" spot, with you all making faces. i loved your face. you look so mad!! hilarious!!!
dana