Friday, January 25, 2008

An a Cold Winter Day




Once upon a time, in the city of Sugar House, it snowed like 12 inches. I woke up and attempted to drive to work, which was quite a scary ordeal since none of the roads had been plowed. I slip-slided down the freeway and eventually made my way to work. I only worked a couple of hours and then received a friendly invite to go sledding. I decided that sledding was more important than doing homework. So I went to lunch with Shelley, Laura, and Pelosi and then we hit the slopes. The fresh layer of snow was perfect for sledding and it was such a wonderful day! We went off jumps and even knocked over a couple of the little kids that were there. We ended the day with a four-woman train and took the jump head on! The crowd all applauded as we each stood up to prove that we had conquered the jump with no injuries at all (except for maybe some bruises and severe whip lash). We left the sledding hill feeling proud and complete. I finished off this great day with a trip to the past. I went Classic Skating with Kristin, Melissa, Rachelle, and other members of my ward. There is nothing greater than putting on old school roller skates and weaving in and out of the hundreds of people on the rink. I worked on my wicked cool skating moves and only ran knocked over 2 people while doing so. It brought back fond memories of snowball skating and holding hands with boys while skating in circles. Skating is so joyful!!! That night I went to bed with sweet dreams of the day's festivities. All of this happened once upon a time, on a cold winter day.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Hello Angie! Gentry and I enjoyed catching up on your latest blog. Wish we could have joined your skiing/skating day--it looked like fun!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

That was such an amazing day. Loved it so much. Thanks for the good times.

Dallings said...

tvfI love ice and roller skating rinks too. It sure takes you back a few years. I think it would be fun to have an 80's party at a rink. I love seeing what your up to. Your such a sweet, fun, and spiritual person!