Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Saw Perfection Today


I saw perfection today.
I witnessed his very first breath.
Tears crept into my eyes
As I thanked God for this amazing miracle.

He came to a fallen world
That gets more evil with each passing day
But he was just in the presence of God
He gives me hope for the triumph of good.

There may be hatred and sin all around
The clouds might get darker and our numbers are small
But God is sending His most noble and brave
They will pave the way for the coming of the Son.

This perfect little baby boy
That I held when only a couple hours old
Brought with him the love and spirit of God
And I will press forward in faith and hope.

I saw perfection today.
He is noble and brave and strong.
Only a small babe
But greater than us all.


*my nephew Tyler was born today and I was there to witness his birth. It was an amazing and spiritual experience. He is perfect and beautiful!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Witnessing a birth is one of the most amazing things that I have ever done. I love it when you hold them in your arms and the look at you. You feel like they can see deep into your soul and you long to ask them all the things they know. It's amazing! He's a cutie. Congrats!

Just Be us said...

What!?! Natalee & Paul had their baby??? Tell them congrats! He's gorgeous!!!