Friday, October 24, 2008

Blast from the Past


So I found this picture and it totally made me laugh! Being a kid was the greatest thing. Life was so easy and so carefree. I was completely happy with a cheese tortilla and my silky pink pajamas. An added bonus was having so many siblings. There was always someone to hang out with. Shawn was a great little brother. He had no problem dressing up and playing house. I'd beat him over and over again in basketball and he'd throw the ball at me and tell me that I was a cheater, but then he'd always come back for more. Children are amazing that way. They don't hold on to things. They bounce back and keep trying again and again. When we got older and Shawn grew taller and became a better basketball player, I knew my days as the champion were over and we never played anymore. I wish I could say I could still whip him at ball, but I know that I don't even stand a chance. Maybe I should trying playing against my sisters....

5 comments:

Jen said...

Ya try playing against me, I'd kick your butt! :) Don't mess with Texas!

shirlee webb said...

I bet even your mother could beat you! Maybe not, but I can climb Timp faster. Mom

Chris W. said...

I'm sure glad that you were never able to get me to play dress up or anything like that...or, did you? Maybe that is why I like wearing dresses! You are going to hear from my lawyer!

Just Be us said...

Oh my gosh ... how cute!

Kristy Stoner said...

Holy crap! Me and all my sisters totally had pajamas just like yours! I LOVE IT!