Thursday, September 18, 2008

THE CHALLENGE...


So two weeks ago I began the Body For Life Challenge. It has been going pretty well. The other day I was reading on the Body For Life web-site about ways to be successful in this challenge. It said that one thing to do is tell everyone around you that you are doing the challenge, that way you have a good support group. I am someone who likes to do things on my own and I haven't really told anyone about this challenge, but I want to be successful, so here it goes. I want to lose 30 pounds!!! That is my goal. I have twelve weeks to complete the program, and I need all of you to be my support group! I want to get healthy and fit, that is my main objective, but for those of you that really know me, you know that I am competitive, and I really want to WIN this challenge!!! Thousands of people enter and there are 8 winners total. I want to be one of them! I also look forward to dropping some pounds and getting fit. When I was in Alaska on my backpacking trip, one of the last days out in the wilderness we had to climb straight up this mountain, about 1000 feet high, carrying our 50 pound packs. When I looked up at it, I thought I was going to cry. I felt the tears coming. I wasn't sure if my body could make it up there. But I pushed forward and when I made it to the top I felt like a whole new person. I had just conquered a mountain and I felt like I was on top of the world (which I was). Now this is my next mountain to conquer. You are my support. I need you all to chip in and be part of the voice in my head telling me to keep pushing forward. Please send me some encouraging words, favorite quotes, poems, songs to workout to, anything that will encourage me to reach my goal. I have until November 24th to reach it. I will conquer!!!

7 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

You can do it!

shirlee webb said...

I know youcan do it just in time for the wedding. All of us want to lose some by then so we will encourage you too. One thing I like to look at is peoples success stories and the net is full of them so read them often. I think you have an amazing will power to do things so go for it. Lov Mom

Tricia said...

You can do it! I lost 20 a few years ago and have kept it off since then... So, if I can do it, you can do it too! It takes some good self control in the eating department and smart exercise! (I did weight watchers though... I don't know how they compare)
GOOD LUCK!!!

Megan said...

Don't underestimate anaerobic workouts like yoga. They're the secret ingredient to trimming the bod. My favorite workout book of all time is Shape Magazine's Ultimate Body Book. It has so many workout suggestions and I mostly use it for weight training when I don't have a partner. It lays out your workouts for the next 4 weeks. Very simple! And I've got too many workout playlists to write here. You'll have to call me.

Anonymous said...

Good luck girl!!

~Natalie

Diane said...

That's great! Good luck!

Just Be us said...

I am SO proud of you! You inspire me!